Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coachella Collaboration Part 1

I'm pleased to announce that this month I'm collaborating with the group Global Inheritance for the annual Coachella Music Festival!  This great organization has been working hard to promote eco responsibility and recycling at many festivals and community events. I'm one of a small group of artists that will be adopting a recycle bin and redesigning it to help engage the community to recycle.  I thought I'd post progress photos in few parts until I unveil the finished bin.  Also, stay tuned because there will be a one night exhibit in April to highlight the bins heading to Coachella 2012...

I started with a basic bin...

...sanded the hell out of it...

...primed it...

...and then after carefully masking off the wheels and circles on the sides, I sprayed the final color of the body of the bin.

2 comments:

  1. Danny, I'm writing a blog post on these- so happy to see you are involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura! Yeah, it's such a cool program - I'm happy to be involved. Stay tuned for more pics of my completed recycle bin!

    ReplyDelete